- This event has passed.
Arcata Marsh Docent Training
April 29 @ 8:30 am - May 7 @ 3:30 pm
If you are interested in managing the front desk at Arcata Marsh Interpretive Center (AMIC); being a Roving Naturalist; or guiding weekly Saturday tours, thematic tours, or school groups, here is your opportunity to train with experts and practitioners.
A four-day series of workshops on two consecutive weekends will get you out on the trails, interacting with specialists, and meeting others with a passion for the Marsh.
Pick up registration form at AMIC or at the FOAM booth at Godwit Days. LAST DAY TO REGISTER FRIDAY, APRIL 21
Meet at AMIC, 569 South G Street, Arcata
- Saturday, April 22, 10-11 a.m. Orientation
- Saturday, April 29, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 pm Wiyot History, History, and Interpretation
- Sunday, April 30, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 pm Marsh Flora
- Saturday, May 6, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 pm Marsh Fauna
- Sunday, May 7, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 pm Wastewater, Wetlands, and Experiential Education
- $25 per person, cash or check made out to FOAM; fee includes two books, a guided notebook, a Marsh information PDF. (Two scholarships are available, email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.)
- 20 participants will be accepted, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Turn in registration forms at AMIC or at the FOAM table at Godwit Days by Saturday, April 22.
- Upon registration, pick up City of Arcata volunteer forms to bring to the first day of training.